Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I am finally surfacing (briefly) from the Gerard Butler induced fog I've been in since watching the movie 300.

So far, the hubby hasn't gone and gagged me with a spoon in the 300 madness I have been in the past few days but I imagine he's getting close to it. (Nah, he loves me too much to do that heh heh!) We went to the bookstore last Saturday to pick up a book they had reserved for me (yeah, another one) and I spent 15 minutes glued to the screen they had hooked up showing movie trailers of 300.

What the heck is wrong with Blogger? Can't upload pictures and here I was all ready to post pics of my darling son's moving up day. But, he was just brilliant! The first time he ever had to be onstage last year he just stood there staring at the audience. This time I was totally floored when he enthusiastically performed in the two dance numbers and said his closing remarks so well. I'm just so proud of him. He's growing up so fast.

Before blogger went all bonkers on me, I managed to upload this one pic and it's not even of Joshua. I took this on the way home from the bookstore. Faith was playing with a small balloon she got from a restaurant and I learned what happens when you keep rubbing a balloon on your hair.



It actually looks funnier if she holds the balloon a little farther from her head but couldn't capture it. Grrr...blogger had better sort itself out soon!

P.S.
Anybody from Scotland out there? Anybody out there who can introduce me to Gerard Butler? I'll be really really grateful.

21 comments:

(P) ablo said...

He already bared his torso in "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life."

If you wanna see the full monty then, go watch him in "Her Majesty, Mrs. Brown." He went fully all the way birthday suit there.

Menchie said...

Kuya,
Ah! But not with the 8 pack he's got in 300. :P

Cherry Popcorn said...

Hey Menchie!

Thanks for your e-mail! You're the best! But I haven't looked at it yet! Hehe. Thanks a buncH!

Haha.. I did that before too! The baloon and the hair thingy. Quite funny right? Can't wait to see the pictures of Joshua! =)

300 not too violent?

Menchie said...

Princess,

You're welcome. :D

Oh 300 is very violent. But it's also so, so, so beautiful!

Marie said...

Cute pic!

Isn't your husband jealous about this Gerard bloke?

Menchie said...

Marie,
LOL! Nah, he's not. He knows it's normal for me to be like this. He knows he's got nothing to worry about. :D

Keshi said...

Menchie I have no probs with uploading pics. Hope ur prob goes away.

Cute pic of her...

So now darling Menchie is abt to take up Scottish citizenship?
:):)

Keshi.

Menchie said...

Keshi,

Hmmm...I don't know about taking up Scottish citizenship but I wouldn't mind getting to know the culture better! :P

Menchie said...

P.S to Keshi,
since you said you didn't mind sharing, I want to send you something thru email. Can you email me your email addy? (mvillaluz2006@gmail.com)

Junius said...

nice pic there hehe :D

Menchie said...

endevourme,
hey there! thanks for visiting! I see you're from Bangalore. I've been there -- commercial street was very memorable.

david santos said...

Hello, Menchie!
Very good you work. Thank you
have a great weekend

Menchie said...

Hi David!
Thanks. I wish I could understand Spanish so I can appreciate your blog better! You have a good weekend too.

Girlie said...

How could I have missed Her Majesty Mr. Brown...a naked Gerard Butler you say? I am so gettign this DVD for the weekend!

Menchie...I bet he's featured in so many ladies' day dream right now.

Menchie said...

Hey Shoshana! :P

I know, I know! He's sooo dreamy!
Sweetie, do me a favor. If you do find his dvd, oh tell me about it please! I can't find it here!!!!!

Ces Adorio said...

Am I the only ignorant person in blogworld? I have no idea of what 300 is all about. And who is this Gerard guy? I thought you were talking about chocolate. Oh I need to go out into blogworld more often.

Menchie said...

Oh Ces! Gerard Butler is the star of the movie 300 which depicts the battle of Thermopylae between the Spartans and the Persians. It's gory and violent and Gerard Butler is the most beautiful man in the world. *sigh!*

Anonymous said...

So very very cute:) I can't wait to have kids....
Been umming and aring about 300 i know you have good tastes in books, can i trust you on this one though....

Is it based on herodotus... Histories?

Persian invasion of greece (or what became greece)

kj said...

i can't believe blogger ate my comment. so i'll just say hello and tell you there are too many reasons to mention why this will not be my favorite movie!

:)

Menchie said...

aidan,
hey welcome back! ok, 300. Die hard historians criticized it for some of the cinematic liberty the filmaker did with it just to make it appealing to the audiences.

I loved it because of..well..Gerard Butler, heh, heh. I'm going to be honest about that. But it's also because he was so terrific in the role aside from being breathtakingly gorgeous. The visuals in the movie are awesome and it was really the graphic novel come to life. Like I said, it's unapologetically violent and gory. And a darn good movie to get lost in for two hours or so.

Have I convinced you yet???

kj,
it is now my fave movie. *grin*

Maria said...

ok, ok, am so watching 300... and i'll be back with comments. :)