Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Birthday Post


Isn't it cute? It's a card my brother and his fab girlfriend made for me. It's supposed to be me, the hubby and the kids -- Southpark version. I love it....even though it's not supposed to be blue! (I can't freaking figure out why it's blue.)

I celebrated my birthday yesterday. My 36th. There, I've announced it to the whole blog world. To those who sent their birthday greetings by way of this blog, text, snail mail, email, YM, etc., etc., thank you!

I told my dad that in four years time, he's going to have a 40 year old daughter. Ha ha. I couldn't quite grasp the idea. He just laughed. Then I thought, does that push me out of the mid-thirties category into the late thirties one? Or do I still qualify for mid-thirties? What's the cut-off?

I don't feel any major change except for the fact that I don't think I'll ever be asked to show my passport the next time I try to get into a bar in Sydney. That was embarrassing. Especially when I was 24 at the time.

On an aside, the hubby and I attended a 25th wedding anniversary celebration and were asked to say a few words for the couple. I just said congratulations to the couple and let the hubby take over the talking (a rare occasion, I know! I was shy! *cough* *cough*). He basically said what we talked about on the way over. That he was thankful to the girl for setting us up on our blind date and that we were glad to be in an event that was celebrating 25 years of togetherness at a time when so many of our friends' or acquaintances' marriages were not going so well. We then spent the rest of the evening taking multiple versions of the picture I posted here and generally just enjoying ourselves at our table.

I know how truly blessed I am. There really is nothing else I'd ask for (except for everyone to be forever in good health). Everything else is just fluff. Nice to have but not really needed.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthday Wishes Menchie.

Voracious Blog Reader

houseband00 said...

Happy Birthday!!!! =)

Couples who celebrate milestones in their marriage are always a constant inspiration, Menchie.

Hay naku...

Anyway, gusto mong kiligin? Go to this link: http://www.nytimes.com/pages/fashion/weddings/index.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1189453489-x0wCCr6905EfP0P+22x+1Q

=)

Pacha said...

Oh happy happy happy belated birthday Menchie! I hope you had a lovely day and were thoroughly spoilt. I love love love the photos. What a beautiful family you are - so happy. I reckon 36 qualifies for early thirties ;) (I won't say you are how old as you feel anyway. As a mother I know there are days when you feel several hundred years old and sort of hope we don't ever look it!!!). You look great in these photos (and way too young to have 2 kids...).

Stace said...

Happy birthday! If I were you, I'd take it as a compliment to be asked for ID in a bar!

Dan said...

Happy belated birthday Menchie! You rock!

Cherry Popcorn said...

Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!! =)

You should have felt happy when the guy didn't let you in when you were in Sidney! Means you look young! Hehe!

Menchie said...

Voracious Blog Reader,

Thank you! :D

HB,

Salamat! Saw the link. :D

Pacha,
Thanks sweetie! There are days when i try to get up in the morning and I feel ancient. Then again, there are times with the kids when i feel like I'm 6 again. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Stace,
Thanks! Well, it definitely will be a compliment now. LOL!

Dan,
Why thank you, sir! *blush*

Princess,
Thank you! :D

Marie said...

Happy belated birthday, Menchie! Don't worry about getting older as you certainly don't look 36. Great pics.

SabineM said...

Happy Birthday Menchie!
Age is just a number, don't worry soo much! (plus I am 2 years older then u!)
I love the card. The blue hair really fits you!
How creative!
Love your family Photo!

Keshi said...

MWAHHHHHHHH Bday gal u look HAWWWWWWWWT Wow! U look really gorgeous in the 2nd one...in the black boob-tube. 36? Im ust be blind, cos u dun look it at all! U look like 25 or something. Seriously! U hv a beautiful family too.


**I don't feel any major change except for the fact that I don't think I'll ever be asked to show my passport the next time I try to get into a bar in Sydney

LOL! It happened to me recently....some shop assistant asked me if I was 18? I cudnt forget those words for like days...and I txted my cuz to make her jealous...and she goes, if u look 18 then I must be an embryo LOL! talk abt bitchy ppl :):)

Seriously u look alot younger than 36..but 36 is still very young too. Im glad u had good fun on ur bday and also at that 25th wedding anniversary of ur mates.

btw I have a friend from Singapore who looks alot like u. FYI she was an ex-model. Im sure u'd be very happy to hear that Menchie :)

Keshi.

Menchie said...

Marie,
thank you! How was Sweden?:D

sabinem,
thanks! The southpark photo was made by my brother and his gf. I've since discovered the website and am having fun with it.

keshi,
LOL! an ex-model who looks like me, huh? wait till I tell the hubby! it's a dream of mine but since i'm a shrimp, cannot ever be a model. he he.

i'm not really worried about the age thingie cause, yeah, a lot of people can't tell my real age. I sound even younger on the phone if you can believe it. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi M---woooo ... Happy Birthday to you!

Don't let the numbers put the fear in you, just like a good wine you get better and better (smile)!

kj said...

happy birthday dear mench
some day let's have lunch
we will laugh over blogging
and talk while we munch.

ok, so it didn't come out so well.
happy birthday anyway.
:)

Menchie said...

NP,
Thank you. And I totally believe what you said! :D

kj,
LOL! Thanks! It's a kj original, love it!

Keshi said...

36 is still quite young.

** but since i'm a shrimp

LOL wut d u mean?

Keshi.

Menchie said...

keshi,

it means i'm waaaay too short to ever be model. :D

Ces Adorio said...

Belated Happy Birthday Mench. Looked like a lot of fun and you are very cute!

Menchie said...

Ces,
thanks! :D

JK said...

First time here. Happy belated birthday to you. Hey, you're 36 but still a pretty mama.

Anonymous said...

Ovaliaintenna [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Cipro-online.aspx]Order cheap Cipro online[/url] [url=https://launchpad.net/~codeine-poro]Buy Codeine no prescription[/url]