Oooh! That time of the week again. I’m really thankful to Maria and KJ for initiating this Friday 13 thing. It’s something I look forward to every week. My last one was about books, this time, my friend Irene got me to do one about movies. Of course, I had to add a few more to get to 13. So here goes:
1. The last movie you saw in a theatre – My Super Ex-Girlfriend.
2. Current release movie you still want to see - Brokeback Mountain.
3. Last movie you rented/purchased for home viewing (and actually watched). I have to add this last part because I buy DVDs and never get to watch them. So for this one, that would be Underworld II.
4. Movie that made you laugh out loud – My Super Ex-Girlfriend. That first bedroom scene was hilarious!
5. Movie that made you cry – Passion of the Christ. I have yet to meet someone who did not get affected by this movie.
6. Movie that was a darling of the critics but you didn’t think lived up to the hype – American Beauty. Really now, the actors were good but the premise and the message wasn’t good enough for and Oscar Best picture.
7. Movie that you thought was better than what the critics thought – Can’t think of any
8. Favorite Pinoy movie – That would be the second part of the first Shake, Rattle and Roll movie – the one with Herbert Bautista and the manananggal. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
9. Favorite animated movie – The Emperor’s New Groove (super funny!) and Beauty and the Beast.
10. Favorite movie musical – Phantom of the Opera. I didn’t think they would be able to replicate the magic of the play, but they did.
11. Favorite Disney villain – Esme from The Emperor’s New Groove. She’s not totally evil and she and her sidekick made the movie so, so funny!
12. Favorite movie remake – Sabrina. Loved the story and they cast Harrison Ford. How could I not love it? Also Father of the Bride. I actually like the remake than the first version with Elizabeth Taylor.
13. Favorite movies of all time. I base my choices on movies I could never get tired of and watch over and over and over again.
** Ever After – I watch this every time I see it aired on TV. Cinderella story and fabulous
ballgown I wish I wore to my wedding (minus the wings, of course!)
** Father of the Bride
** Lord of the Rings – The Two Towers. I like this better than the Return of the King
because of the battle scene. You actually didn’t think they were going to win – I think
they portrayed the sense of impending doom very well.
** Indiana Jones Trilogy – I luuuurrvve Harrison Ford.