A good friend of mine introduced the concept of Thursday 13 to me so I thought it would be cool to come up with my own 13. Only I decided to make it a Friday 13 – it satisfies my sense of the macabre. Plus, my writing juices tend to flow more freely when I know the weekend’s coming up. So here’s my Friday 13:
1. My husband had no idea of how goofy I really am until we were married.
2. I can sing instrumental songs really well. And I don't mean humming. My renditions of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones theme used to keep Jun awake on the long drives from Las Pinas to Project 4 (I sing it to him on the phone). Joshua loves my version of the Superman theme song -- he puts his arm up in the air (like he's flying) and has a serious look on his face the whole time I sing the song. I swear I have to videotape it one day to show at his wedding.
3. The more outrageous I am, the more my husband adores me.
4. I have a really weird way of eating M&Ms with peanuts. I eat it in stages, first I eat the candy coating, then I eat the chocolate and then the peanut. This is also the way I eat Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
5. My dad and I have developed a good system of eating chocolates with nuts. I eat the chocolate and when I’ve licked it clean, he gets the nuts. (That’s parenting for you!)
6. I am deathly scared of feathers attached to a living fowl (chicken, bird, duck, goose, and *shudder* turkey and ostrich).
7. I can’t stand any kind of suspense. I cover my eyes when watching scary/suspenseful movies and I like knowing how a book or a movie is going to end in advance (this absolutely kills Jun!).
8. I can fold both my eyelids upwards (to Jun’s and my siblings’ disgust). What the heck, it makes the kids laugh.
9. Driving brings out the worst in me.
10. I sometimes have trouble reconciling the girl I was then to who I am now. In a lot of ways, I still feel like a young girl, in an I-can’t believe-this-is-my-life kind of way.
11. I love shopping for gifts. (Oh, who am I kidding? I luuurrve shopping, period.)
12. I like my coffee strong with tons of sugar (Splenda, of course) and lots and lots (and lots!) of non-dairy creamer.
13. I am genuinely happy with my life.
(I made it Maria! :D)