Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Post Christmas


Pardon the bedraggled look in this photo.  This was taken after a swimming session at a get together with friends.  This was one of my favorite days in December -- it was the day after the last day of work for the year and was mostly concentrated on spending it with the kids.  So apart from catching up with good friends while they were swimming and enjoying their presents from their titas and Tito Maroy, it was a completely gremlin inspired day.  We had ice cream before I let them play some video games.  Then Lucia happily hopped into the carousel.  We ended the day with the light show at Ayala Triangle.

It was still a busy holiday season though, with all the get togethers and ballet recital for Faith.  Thankfully, none of the kids were sick this year except for a little sniffle or two.  New Year's Eve was a fun filled videoke night. 

I didn't get to reach my reading goal of 150 books for 2011 but I came pretty close at 130 books.  I don't think I will do this again this year -- I much prefer not having any pressure to finish a book.  Plus one of my 2012 goals is to take up something creative like knitting or crochet.  Other goals --  think of a possible business venture.  Get more healthy. Spend less. More quality time with the gremlins.  Play outdoors. 

Seems like I'm being tested on my the strength of my New Year's resolutions as we speak.  I just got a confirmation from a friend that the Zara sale is starting tomorrow.  Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!  Hyperventilate.  Deeeeeeeeeeep breath. 

I can do this.  (I think).  Help me God!

No comments: