Sunday, September 30, 2007

Missed Blogging!

You know what they say about the best laid plans.

In my case, they remained just that. Plans. I had planned to post twice before leaving for vacation. I even had the pictures prepared and all.

But the day before I left was so hectic with last minute stuff at work and errands plus a visit to the pediatrician cause the kids were under the weather that my blogging plans went poof!

So anyway, I'm back from a five day trip to Singapore. It wasn't all that I had planned it to be. For one thing, kids took a turn for the worse with a nasty virus when we left and I was mostly worried during my stay. Racked up a huge mobile phone bill with calls to my mom checking on how the kids are. What rotten timing, huh?

Then I had a list of all the places I wanted to visit and things I wanted to do. But I ended up just walking around mostly and staying by the pool trying to make a dent in my pile of books (some I brought and a lot was bought!). While I lament the fact that I missed a lot of places, I appreciated the time spent alone with no schedule to follow but my own. The hubby was out during the day for work so it was just me and whatever I wanted to do. But of course I hit Borders and Kinokuniya (largest bookstore in SE Asia?). I was in heaven.

But, um, don't have much pictures. I'm not too big about taking pictures myself. I'd rather have someone else take them (the hubby, of course). On our last day, when we were finally determined to take pictures, camera battery ran out. Pathetic, I know.

The hubby and I went to the Funan IT mall for electronics and other techie stuff. He was entranced. While I could feel my eyes glazing over within five minutes of stepping into the place. Now I know how the he felt the night before as my friend and I happily scoured through the night market in Bugis.

I could tell the kids missed me. They were finally ok by the time we got home. Got super nice presents for my parents, of course! Have to make up for all the sleepless nights they spent taking care of sick kids (you cannot imagine how guilty I was the WHOLE time I was there).

I missed the kids, I missed blogging. But I totally cherished the alone time. Now reality intrudes but I feel more than up for it. This morning Faith woke me up and said, "love mommy". And it felt good to be home.

9 comments:

Pacha said...

Welcome home Menchie. Glad to hear the kids are better too. Hope you managed to relax a little!

Marie said...

Welcome back, Menchie. You were missed!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Menchie!

And for the spooky stuff...I have ended up getting dead scared at night when I go to bed :(

Voracious Blog Reader

SabineM said...

Oh that alone time and reading time.......I would give anything for a glimpse of that!
;-)

Keshi said...

WB Menchie I missed ya!

Singapore? WOW lucky u. I wanna go there in Dec..Im thinking of it.

Glad ur kids r feeling better now and Im glad to hv u bak! :)

Keshi.

Menchie said...

Hey Pacha!

thanks! I was able to read a lot of the books I brought with me -- just to distract myself from thinking about the kids!

Thanks Marie! I missed visiting you guys.

VBR,
oops! sorry about that! :D

sabinem,
it was wonderful to have time to myself. i only wished the timing was better. i wanted to be with the kids while they were sick. :-(

keshi,
you should go to Singapore. Although I'm told the best time to go there would be July -- during the great Singapore sale! We can meet up there and go shopping. :D

kj said...

mechie, to me, who has never been to asia, your trips sound so intriguing and wonderful.

and then of course, back to the kids who love you more than any vacation anyday!

Keshi said...

wow meeting u is def a great incentive! :)

Keshi.

Menchie said...

kj,
you've got to come visit soon! i am sure you will love it. :D

keshi,
shopping trip!!!! LOL!