1. I opened my blog today only to find it blank. Frantic, I searched Blogger help to try to find out what was wrong. Turns out there was a problem with my template code and I had to change the template if I wanted my blog back. That's why there's a bit of a change today. But that was freaking scary -- for a while there I thought I lost everything. Must remember to have a backup.
2. Conversation with Joshua last night while we were both in bed:
- Mommy, I really, really, really love you.
- I love you too, Josh.
- Mommy, I love you so much, I promise not to sell you. Ever.
- Uh, ok. Thank you. *mental scratch on head - what the heck was THAT all about???!!!*
3. The other night my husband and I were wondering about this strange paw print that appeared on the blank screen when he put a movie in the dvd player. We were joking around when he suddenly pointed to the closet behind me and exclaimed, "What's that???!!!". I got so scared that I burst into tears (complete with hiccuping sobs). He felt soooooooo guilty! Heh heh
4. Last Wednesday night, we were shocked to hear about an accident on the skyway (an elevated highway). An armored truck belonging to a local bank swerved and fell 50 feet from the skyway to land on three vehicles stuck in traffic underneath. One person died and another one was severely injured. Such a tragedy, imagine just sitting in your car and an armored truck landing on you.
5. Yesterday morning while I was looking for shoes to wear to work in the bathroom, Joshua came in holding a plastic glass with something in it. It was a small snake coming out of a cracked egg. I shrieked . Loudly. Joshua said it was a toy and that my sister gave it to him. I looked at it again and saw wet patches that looked real. I wouldn't believe him and kept telling my husband it wasn't a toy. Then Josh started crying, frightened by me (I guess, um, I was kinda hysterical). My poor husband had no choice but to get the glass from Josh and put it aside until we all calmed down. One of these days I am going to put a feather (from Joshua's chicken -- which the maid will pluck, of course) and put it in my sister's purse.
6. We bought season tickets for Repertory Philippines and are watching the first play tonight. Pretty good line-up this season, all comedies and one of them a musical. This season includes a Filipino adaptation of La Cage aux Folles and Song and Dance by Andrew Lloyd Webber. They are also doing Fiddler on the Roof later in the year and Cinderella in August for their Children's Theater. I can't wait to bring the kids.
7. We're also seeing Peter Pan (the play) this Sunday. I'm just disappointed because they won't let in children who are below 4 years old. That means Faith will have to stay home and I am sad for her because she loves Peter Pan. We thought twice about seeing it if we can't bring Faith but I thought it was unfair to deprive Joshua just because of the age restriction on his sister. But I'm still sad. Darn the CCP's (Cultural Center of the Philippines) stupid rules!
8. I have finally found a (more) effective way of disciplining my precocious daughter. Instead of the usual timeout where she gets parked on the couch or the bed where she proceeds to entertain herself thereby rendering the timeout useless, she has to stand facing a corner. It seemed to work the other night so I am keeping it for the meantime.
9. I want to go to ZARA.
10. Because of Leo's post, I went and spent my whole lunch break the other day at the bookstore. I had a lovely, lovely time. (Thanks for reminding me, Leo!)
11. I still wonder what made Joshua think he can sell me. I mean, seriously, he CAN'T just do that. Right??! You can't sell your mother. Right??!!!
12. It's been two weeks since I organized the bathroom, bedroom and a week since we did the office and play area. And it is still nice and clean and organized. *happy sigh*
13. I. Want. To. Go. To. ZARA. *gulp*