Thursday, December 21, 2006

Four Things Meme

I've been tagged by Maysha for this. Whew! This week has been all about tags. But I like it -- it eases the stress of the workday and preparing for the holidays.


Four jobs I've had:

Well, I've only ever done HR work so here are the HR positions I've held:
- Career Management Assistant (my first job out of college) in a bank
- Human Resource Consultant (where I met some of the most fabulous people with whom I am still good friends with. And yes, this was with Maria! And we had so much fun!)
- Organization Development Consultant
- Compensation and Benefits Manager

Four Places I've Lived:

Again, I've only ever lived in two places in the Philippines, both in the city. I'm a city girl through and through. Oh! I forgot I also live in Blogworld Road!

Four Favorite Foods:

- Prime Rib (I'm a carnivore)
- Pasta (And I love carbs so I am doomed!)
- Chocolate
- My mom's Pavlova -- It's made out of egg white meringue topped with cream and lots of Philippine mangoes. It is out of this world!

Four movies I could watch over and over: Oh, this was hard!

- Indiana Jones (any of the three)
- Ever After
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - I loved the battle scene in this movie. It conveyed a sense of hopelessness that was lacking in the third installment.
- Pretty Woman

Four TV Shows I enjoy:

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Sex in the City
- The Amazing Race
- House

Four Places I've Travelled:

- Costa Rica
- Shanghai, China
- Bangalore, India
- Phuket, Thailand (my honeymoon)

Four Places I'd like to visit:

- Tuscany
- Paris
- Greece
- Jerusalem

Four Websites I go to Daily:

- my blog and blogroll
- Pink is the new blog - great celebrity website
- Amazon -- not daily but fairly regularly
- Oprah website

11 comments:

Marie said...

Great list. I'd love to visit Tuscany, and it seems we all love chocolate, don't we? It's been on most lists.

Menchie said...

Marie,
You are so right. I haven't met anyone who hated chocolate. The Tuscany idea is really a dream for me -- right now it seems so very far away. I'd like to visit before I'm too old to really enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

THis was a great list. And I have never thought about it, but you know, I'd like to see Jerusalem as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Ces Adorio said...

We should all meet in Tuscany. it seems everyone in Blogworld Road wants to go there. I love your favorite foods too but I have never heard of Pavlova.

Menchie said...

Leo,
A friend of mine went there for a visit and the pictures he brought back were amazing!

Ces,
You're right! Let's schedule a Tuscany trip! With lots of chocolate since everyone seems to love it too.
When you come over to Manila for a visit, I will let you taste my mom's Pavlova.

Cherry Popcorn said...

How come Malaysia is not on your list? =P I like to go Paris someday too.. On my honeymoon. Hehe..

I prefer perezhilton.com for celebrity news! =)

Menchie said...

Princess,
Oh I've been to Malaysia too! Perezhilton, huh? I'll have to try his site soon.

Samson & his Mummy Juliet said...

I went to Shanghi a few years ago...I was amazed at how modern it was...i always held the misconception that China was not so glitzy.

I'd have to agree with your first two fave TV programmes on the list...but don't you watch Smallville too????
xx

Caroline said...

Oh let's all meet in Tuscany - we can have a blogworld meet in the sunshine!

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope that you enjoy this magical time with your children.
Hugs,
Cx

Menchie said...

Juliet,
I know what you mean about China. It's such a wonderful mix of the old and the new. I went to The Bund and it was just beautiful!

Caroline,
oh lets! Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

Just Me said...

I love this list...I never thought about Jerusalem either...but i would love to visit.

Maybe the residents of blogworld road should get together and plan a trip to a specific place together. ;D