Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday 13: Utterly Random

1. I was surprised to find out that although it is the Virgin Mary’s birthday today, it is not a holy day of obligation. The church was packed anyway which I think was cool.

2. Found out I have to start taking antibiotics (yup, am still sick). Bummer.

3. Taught the kids to say, “Yeah, baby!” with a gruff voice. Too funny!

4. There is a light at the end of the trying-to-lose-weight-but-failing-dismally tunnel. The treadmill my hubby bought arrived yesterday.

5. There is no way in hell I will ever be able to stop eating carbs. It’s impossible to cut out a whole food group and I don’t care what the freaking diet books say.

6. Jennifer Crusie’s “Bet Me” is my new favorite comfort book. Oh, I loved, loved, loved the book. All men should be like Cal. *sigh*

7. I only have two more weeks before I start a new job.

8. Am halfway done with the Christmas shopping for all the godchildren, nephews and nieces.

9. The new McDonald’s honey mustard sauce for chicken nuggets taste really good.

10. I just realized I can understand more than half of what comes out of my daughter Faith’s mouth. Imagine that. She’s growing up.

11. My hubby’s on his way to pick me up from work to go to the concert. How I can muster up enough energy for tonight is still a mystery. We’ll see if Gary V can get a scream out of me tonight.

12. I haven’t watched any episode of House for a month now. I miss him.

13. It’s hard to write when you’re sick.

5 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Menchie, I hope you rested instead of going to a concert. Wow, very efficient on the Christmas shopping task. Ditto on the carbs. It is my downfall. Get well soon.

Menchie said...

Oh Ces, of course I went to the concert. Nothing can keep me from Gary. Had a blast! :D

Maria said...

how was your birthday? did you get my ecard? again, happy birthday!!!

wow, you're almost done with christmas shopping you are indeed "outstanding faster!" - :) hehe! and where are you headed next (#7)? so much movement, it seems like everyone is just doing a musical chair dance, or something... good luck and i hope you'll have lots of fun (i.e. "fun-ner" this year!

m.e.

kj said...

menchie, nice thursday 13. i hope you feel better.

i'm with you on the carbs. pasta. bread. pizza. i'm on and off weight watchers, trying to eat well. good luck.

kj

Irene said...

Hey! I tagged you in two of my blogs - one for books and the other for movies. Thought you'd get a kick out of them. Can't wait for your lists! c",)