Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Conversations with Poop

The absurdity of what happens in the course of being a mom sometimes astounds me. Like last night's conversation with my three year old son, Joshua. He was on the potty with me holding him up and keeping him company.

Me: So, are you going to make poopoo now?

Josh: It's coming, mommy, it's coming.

Me: (after 2 minutes) is it coming out already?

Josh: talk to my poopoo mommy so it'll come out.

Me: (to the poop) Hey poopoo, come out now before I give you time out!

Josh: (as the poop) Yes, mommy. Do not give me time out.

Me: So, is it coming?

Josh: It's eating chocolate. (he ate 1 piece of chocolate after dinner)

Me: Oh, ok. (after 2 minutes) is it coming out na? (I was getting a little tired of hanging out in the bathroom by now)

Josh: yes, it's brushing it's teeth.

Believe me, this was an actual conversation. And quite a lengthy one, mind you. I didn't include the references to hatching and other whatnot. And let's not even talk about the time I actually SANG to the poop. (to the tune of twinkle, twinkle little star)

That is what I go home to every single day. Different levels of absurdity but who cares? It's one of the perks of being a parent. Free comedy entertainment to chase the stress away. Now, if I'm feeling generous and only if you've been a good boy/girl, I just might invite you one of these days to come over and have a conversation with the naughty B_og_r.

No comments: