My friend Maria tagged me for this meme. Took me some time to think about what to write (that I haven't shared before) but I thoroughly enjoyed the process.
1. I am a fix-it person. I enjoy assembling toys and furniture. The more nuts and bolts there are, the more I like them. I've assembled cribs, toys (love those Ikea ones that have lots of parts!), and once Jun and I raced to assemble two bedside tables for our apartment. He finished first but the back part was inverted, HA!
2. I am an introvert. People call me a liar to my face when I say this but it is true. While I can be animated and talkative around people, it usually drains my energy. When I was younger, I used to bring a book during family parties and would be perfectly happy just sitting in a corner. I thought it was shyness at first but the word didn't exactly fit. It was only during a work session facilitated by my friend Lara that I finally realized what it was.
3. I love to read. I would go crazy without anything to read. I learned how really read when I got curious about the Tagalog comic books that our maids used to read and leave around the house. There was no stopping me after that. I own over 2,000 books -- don't know the exact number since I stopped making catalogs after reaching 1,000. That's Josh in the picture, by the way.
4. I can bend all my fingers backwards and make them touch the back of my hand. This totally freaks (and grosses!) people out. For obvious reasons, I have refrained from posting a picture of this. Just take my word for it.
5. I like writing by hand. Anything that involves or needs writing -- making lists, filling out forms, signing documents -- I'm your man. Completely baffles my husband. He bought me a palm pilot which I seldom used except to play games with.